July Schedule Poster
7:00–10:00 pm (Open dancing)
7:15–8:00 pm (Dance lessons)
Lonely Drum (*** NEW ***) and Feelin’ Good line dances
Instructor: Barb / DJ: Kate
Basic Shadow + Lonely Drum review
Instructor: Jim & Barb / DJ: Jim
7:00–9:30 pm (Line dancing)
7:45 pm (Dance lessons)
Special time change for tonight -: 6:30–7:45 pm / no lesson, just dancing
NOTE: New night for line dancing, moved to Tuesdays!
Lessons: Recaps + Feel My Love review
Instructor: Various / DJ: Keith
Board & Committee Meetings
All interested Rain Country members are welcome to attend these meetings. For directions and details, email us
Hoedown Committee: Wednesday, August 1 (tent.)
Host: Ray (Mt. Baker) @ 7:00 pm
Rain Country Board: Wednesday, August 8
Host: Jim (Columbia City) @ 7:00 pm — Facebook Event TBD
All members are invited to attend and contribute!
About Our Lessons
and Dance Nights
- Rain Country lessons at Cuff Country are always free. Please tip the instructor — we suggest $3–5 on Wednesdays and Fridays, but no one is turned away for lack of funds.
- No partner is required for our lessons. We will find one for you, and we rotate partners frequently during the lessons to ensure that everyone gets to dance with a variety of people. But if you bring your partner with you and don’t want to rotate, you’re not required to trade dance partners.
- There is a cover charge at the Cuff Complex on Fridays after 9 pm, and on select special event nights. Card-carrying Rain Country members get in free all night on regular Fridays.
- Our DJs are happy to take requests; tipping them is much appreciated. Requests are more easily honored if they are made earlier in the evening.
- The best way to show appreciation for our host venue is to buy a beverage and tip the bartender. Thanking the bar staff is also a great idea.